The California Apartment Association has put together the following alert to help managers of residential properties deal with SB 183 recently signed by the Governor:
California’s Carbon Monoxide Poisoning Prevention Act of 2010 requires that all residential property be equipped with a carbon monoxide detector when the property has a fossil fuel burning heater or appliance, fireplace, or an attached garage. All single-family homes (owner or tenant occupied) must be equipped with a detector on or before July 1, 2011. All other residential units must be equipped with a detector on or before January 1, 2013.
The carbon monoxide detector must be operable at the time the tenant takes possession. A tenant is responsible for notifying the owner or owner’s agent if the tenant becomes aware of an inoperable or deficient carbon monoxide detector within his or her unit. The owner or owner’s agent must correct any reported deficiencies in the carbon monoxide detector and will not be in violation of this section for a deficient or inoperable carbon monoxide detector when he or she has not received notice of the deficiency or inoperability.
For more information visit the California Apartment Association.
Read Similar Post on This Topic
What Do You Think. Please Leave a Comment.
There are no comments yet, please leave one.